Sunday, May 2, 2010

Creating a Firm, Fair, and Consistent Classroom

My very first letter of recommendation from my principal described my classroom management skills as firm, fair, and consistent. I am very proud that my administrator recognized those traits in my classroom. Kristen Tucker describes a compassionate teacher as firm, fair, and consistent in her article, Compassionate Preschool Teachers are the Best Educators. When handling classroom situations, a teacher must be consistent in their decisions making, especially issues concerning discipline). Tucker commented, "Kids thrive on consistency, so firm and fair treatment goes a long way". Even after teaching for 22 years, I still consider my approach to classroom management as firm, fair and consistent. I am very proud to describe myself as firm, fair and consistent.Do Not Let This Be Your Classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment